Dr. Suat Günsel University of Kyrenia Hospital Department of Cardiovascular Surgery is providing service at an international level.
In the Dr. Suat Günsel University of Kyrenia Hospital Department of Cardiovascular Surgery where all the diagnoses and treatments related to cardiovascular diseases are done and they are also working in cooperation with Departments of Cardiology and Anaesthesia.
The surgeries performed in the Department of Cardiovascular Surgery;
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery; it is a bypass surgery performed on a working heart or by the use of heart-lung machine.
- Aortic valve diseases surgery; Both mechanic and bioprosthesis valve change surgery via age appropriately chosen method.
- Mitral valve diseases surgery; requires high surgical experience which we have to repair or change mitral valve.
- Adult Congenital Disease Surgeries; Congenital heart anomaly surgeries which are performed with a small incision followed by a regular incision.
- Aortic Aneurysm surgery; Aneurysm (embolism) operations with endovascular stent technique via heart-lung machine.
- Aortic dissection surgery; Urgently performed operations on patients who arrive at Dr. Suat Günsel University of Kyrenia Hospital due to dissection.
- Heart Deficiency Surgery and Ventricle Support Device Procedures; ventricle support device (artificial heart devices) procedures on patients with advanced stage heart deficiency.
- Fistule Operations Directed At Chronic Kidney Disease Patients; Haemodialysis catheter and fistule operations aimed at patients with kidney diseases who need dialysis.
Other modern methods used in Dr. Suat Günsel University of Kyrenia Hospital which are approved all over the world along with conventional methods;
- Valve fixing operations with minimal invasive (small incision method); Valve operations with small incision used in limited centres around the world.
- Bypass surgery with minimal invasive (small incision method); Bypass operation via small incision for patients who are suitable.
- Aortic Aneurysm Treatment With Endovascular Stent; Aneurysm (emboli) surgeries entering from an endovascular small incision for aneurysm patients with high open surgery rates (embole=blood vessel swelling).
- Varicose Vein Treatment with Radiofrequency and Laser Methods; All Varicose vein applications and modern treatments with Laser and radiofrequency ablation techniques.